I don’t usually make big New Year’s resolutions. OK. Fine that’s not true. I don’t usually keep New Year’s resolutions. Diet, exercise, decluttering, early bed time, increased home cooking… I’ve made and broken them all, again, and again, and again. By February I’ve usually embraced the previous year’s shortcomings and come to grips with the fact that things are unlikely to change in the near future.
But this year? This year is going to be different. Yes, it so is.
This year my only goal is to stop being the best kept secret of the blogosphere. I would be thrilled if I could reach more people with my words. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not on some crazy traffic hunting scheme. I don’t want to lure a bajillion readers here with empty keyword promises. I would just like to grow the quality community we already have brewing over here.
Now, I realize that it’s not quite January yet, but I’m still going to pick your brains now. I have a couple ideas that might help us grow, but I’d love to know your thoughts. Who knows, we might hit on a way to help us all gain some awesome readers!
Here goes nothing:
1) I was thinking of doing some new blog exchange posts. Even though The Blog Exchange has gone away, (hopefully just for a long hiatus) I miss hanging out on other blogs and I now know quite a few bloggers I would love to share with you.
2) I’ve enjoyed guest blogging here and there, and I’m thinking of doing more. Are there any sites you would like to see me stop by? Are there any guest bloggers you would like to see around here?
3) I had a blast doing the AddsYou interview and I have two more up my sleeve. If you know any other cool entrepreneurs I can interview I’d love to know about them! I get a kick out of sharing great sites and great people with you.
4) I want to come see you. No, really. From now on you have my promise: if you leave a comment I’m going to stop by your blog. I can’t wait to get to know all of you better.
5) Comment Luv. I tried once unsuccessfully to install comment luv, the handy application that inserts your last blog post into each comment. I’m going to try again. If you’re taking time to leave me a hello the least I can do is help you promote yourself!
So tell me, what else do you think might help?