One of my best friends, a world class cook, used to live around the block from my house. She often would call to say she was bringing over dinner, but the best thing she’d bring around was her Christmas chocolate fudge.
That friend moved to Texas shortly before we moved to the beach and the fudge deliveries obviously stopped.
This year, where Christmas is all sorts of weird and different, I was really craving the sweetness of the chocolate fudge so I begged for the recipe and whipped up a batch. Then I pretended that my friend had dropped it off. Just kidding. I haven’t quite come that unhinged yet.
Looking for more tasty eats? Check out my other recipes!
Scrumptious Chocolate Fudge
- 4 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 1 cup Butter
- 4 oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 12 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb Milk chocolate
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- In large and heavy saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk and butter.
- Add vanilla and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for exactly 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, immediately add fluff and both types of chocolate. Stir only until they are melted and blended into the hot syrup.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch well-buttered pan and cool at room temperature about 2 hours before putting into refrigerator, covered. Cut into small squares before it hardens completely.