While we are all stuck at home during this indeterminate amount of time, waiting as patiently as possible for the Covid-19 virus to run its course and the world to right itself, here at Casa de Rosenberg, we are increasing our baking frequency and our waistlines all at the same, totally unrelated, time. Rapidly waning bananas prompted me to create this recipe, made from a mish-mash of a whole bunch of other recipes that just didn’t have everything I wanted in a banana bread. Enjoy!
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare one large or two small loaf tins.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- While still mixing, add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each to be well incorporated before adding the next.
- Beat in the sour cream (or yogurt) and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the mashed bananas.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the loaf tins and bake for 60-75 minutes. Your banana bread is ready to come out of the oven when an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean of batter. (Your knife/toothpick will have melted chocolate on it.)
- Turn loaves onto a cooling rack and allow to cool. Loaves can be well wrapped up and frozen.