So, our school is one of those schools that kindly ask that you refrain from baking class treats.
Let’s be clear, I’m not particularly a huge baker, but frankly nothing makes me want to bake cupcakes more than being asked not to.
I’m perverse like that.
So, what did I do when told I shouldn’t bake cupcakes for the class Halloween party that’s taking place just before lunch? Duh, I went to Pinterest and did a search for “Halloween cupcakes.” (What? You don’t torture yourself this way? Odd that.)
After much research I’ve found 11 awesome ideas for Halloween Cupcakes that I think I could totally be able to replicate even if I though I’m not allowed to attempt them for the class party, and one treat that I definitely could.
(Please note, I did not design any of these treats. Nor did I test them, because I’d have to eat them all… and that would be baaad. Click on through and read the comments!)
2) Scary easy spider cupcakes – Eat ’em before they come get you.
5) Low-fat Mummy Cupcakes – To balance out the bag of mini-Snickers I know you already ate.
6) Spiderweb cupcakes – So easy, even I could decorate these. Maybe…
7) Googly eyes cupcakes – If your kids don’t eat all your marshmallows.
8) Halloween Witch Cupcakes – For those looking to buck the traditional cupcake format
9) Owl-y Cupcakes – Hoo hoo knows how to use Oreos creatively?
10) Skeleton cupcakes – Hands down my favorites, and not just because they don’t have hands.
And last, but not least, one non-cupcake treat just because we’re cray-cray like that around here or maybe just because I really do think I could get these to look just like the picture… or close.