Two blog conferences down and one to go… Bloggers are an interesting crowd; one that inspired the following list.
You might be a blogger if…
- You use the words “snarky” or “kwim” in real sentences.
- You coin words like “blama” (blogger drama) and think nothing of the fact that no one knows what you’re talking about.
- You never take a bite before snapping a picture of your food.
- You converse and think in 140 character increments.
- You mentally write a blog post about everything you do or see.
- You expect people to give you free stuff just for showing up.
- You’re often tempted to scream “Do you know who I AM?!” when things don’t go your way.
- You think nothing of having a laptop, iPad, and smart phone open and running at the same time.
- You know where every outlet is located at all times.
- You introduce yourself with two names – your “real” name and your twitter handle – and don’t really expect anyone to recognize the first one.
- You know more about your friends in the computer than the ones in the carpool lane.
- Your friends are scattered around the globe and you’ve met fewer than a handful in real life.
- You snap photos of your baby doing disgusting or dangerous things before running to her rescue.
- You’re part of a top secret Facebook group, Stumble community, or Skype chat room.
- You’re the “mayor” of every business in your town.”
- Your Twitter followers know you’re pregnant, engaged, or getting divorced before your family or friends.
- You’ve officially out-geeked even the geekest of your middle-school friends and know how to code your own site.
- You have another 10 things to add to this list. (Go on, add them in the comments!)
(Thank you to the awesome Shannan Powell for helping me compile this list. And to all of you for giving me the examples.)