It made me think. What would I pay for on Twitter?
I love that Twitter is a free service. No doubt about it. But I’m a huge user. I’m on there multiple times a day. I have lots of followers. I follow lots of people. In short, I’d stay if I had to pay. I’m addicted. Can’t live without my Twitter!
That said, if I were a paying user there are a few things that I’d expect in exchange.
1) I want to be able to search my followers and the people I follow.
2) I want to be able to organize my followers and the people I follow into categories and priority lists.
3) I want the option to email people. Or at least send longer Direct Messages. Maybe 200 characters, or, gasp, 250.
4) I want click-able links on people’s profile pages.
5) I want a faster way to follow back people. When I follow back I look at bios, conversations, and relevance. I click on every single profile page. It takes a long time.
It’s not much. And it definitely doesn’t mean that I don’t think that Twitter is amazing just the way it is. I’m just saying that I’d be willing to pay for the service and it would be unbelievable if they took it a half step further.
What would you pay for on Twitter? What would you like to see improved?