The organization seminar that I attended a month ago has really started something magical around here. We’re actually trying to be more organized and to a certain extend, we’re succeeding! The mail situation is still very much under control. The laundry is staying the course. But until this weekend the out of control artwork situation was still out of hand.
Not anymore though! I went all Martha on it.
The problem was that C and Little L, on average, produce anywhere from 5 to 10 pieces of art a day. And yes, much of that can hit the trashcan, but some of it is really good. And at the very least it’s stuff they’re quite proud of.
I came up with a plan that would both get rid of the piles and piles of art that pile up everywhere and allow them to display their art with pride.
An art wall.
We had a blank wall, I found some ribbon and small binder clips. And presto, the art wall was born.
The girls decided what went up and they will decide what will come down when it’s time to switch things around. Then I’ll put the pieces that come down away in a safe place. Everything has been dated and named so that ten years down the road we know who made what.
They’re so proud to show their wall of art to every visitor. I’m thrilled I finally found a place to store all their art and something to cover that wall! It still hasn’t solved the issue of all the art materials that are lying around, but I’m sure my inner Martha will find something to do with it soon enough.