Some things take your breath away no matter how many times you witness them. Here are just a few.
– The sheer heinous self-centeredness of some people. Lack of compassion is strong in some.
– The utter kindness of some people. For all the despicable people out there there are a boatload who more than make up for their shortcomings.
– The power of the kindness of strangers. When you’re having a bad day and you reach out on Twitter and complete strangers reach back with a hug, pat on the back, or kind word, it’s amazing how good that feels.
– The utter normalcy of life with children. No matter what your day is like, when 6pm rolls around little children still need to be fed, bathed, put into pajamas, read to, and tucked in to bed.
– How cathartic it is to write about what’s troubling you and how frustrating it is when you can’t write about it because it’s not your story to tell.