Tomorrow my darling husband turns 31. Awwww. I was going to write a maudlin post about how much I love him and how much he means to me, but who wants to read all that sappy stuff? Instead I thought I’d poach the Husband Meme going around and give you guys a couple insights to this mystery man who rules my heart. Whoot!
Happy Birthday M! May the day be as wonderful as you.
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV; what is on the screen?
The Colbert Report probably. Unless I’m there then it’s one of the shows we Tivo and watch together, like How I Met Your Mother, or Fringe.
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Ranch. And it shouldn’t have any croutons or tomatoes.
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like?
One? I have to pick just one? Do you know how picky he is? OK, if I have to pick just one, then broccoli has to be at the top of the list.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?
We never go out to bars, but if we did he’d get a beer, probably a Sam Adams.
5. Where did he go to high school?
Menlo High, in Menlo Park. Froufrou.
6. What size shoe does he wear?
No clue. Probably should know that. Eih.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Music. Lots and lots of music. Wait? Does that count? Can you collect bagels?
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Roast beef with horseradish sauce and one lettuce leaf on a French roll.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
Bagel, cream cheese, and a glass of OJ. He’s eaten that every morning, rain or shine since the day I met him, except for the time we lived in Paris.
10. What is his favorite cereal?
It’s a toss-up between Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran Crunch.
11. What would he never wear?
A pink shirt, but I’m trying hard to convince him that pink is so a manly color.
12. What is his favorite sports team?
The SF Giants.
13. Who will he vote for?
14. Who is his best friend?
Me! Nope, not joking. Sorry, had to go a little sappy.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?
Spend way too much time in front of the computer. Ahem.Not that I’m doing that right now or anything…
16. How many states has he lived in?
2, and a foreign country.
17. What is his heritage?
Polish and Russian.
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Apple pie or apple cake. Mmmm.
19. Did he play sports in high school?
Not that I know of. He was a band geek, but a guitar playing band geek, totally cool. And apparently Track, but I don’t believe that.
20. What could he spend hours doing?
me talk NPR.
Apple sauce? Free apple sauce? In packaging so cool you’ll swear it was designed by NASA. Not kidding, go see for yourself!