Long live the meme for those weeks where you just keep coming up with absolutely nada to blog about. At least I know I’m not the only one copping out…
If you were to walk into my kitchen, first of all, watch where you walk, I spilled some water earlier, you’d find more mess than you could possibly imagine. In fact the kitchen seems to be the repository of all our stuff. So much so that you’d doubt that we actually enjoy cooking. No really.
So, with no further disclaimers, here are 8 random things in my kitchen:
1) One large pumpkin – part of the Pumpkin Patch spoils from this past weekend. It’s currently awaiting evisceration.
2) Three or four pairs of shoes – When I come in the door I kick off my shoes, then I spend the rest of the evening tripping over them and cursing myself for leaving them lying around.
3) A large pack of teeny tiny Play-Doh containers – we bought them with the intent of giving them out as toddler Halloween treats, but at this point it’s unclear what’ll come first, Halloween or the end of the pack.
4) Four million buck naked dolls – ok, maybe I’m exaggerating, some of them are wearing diapers.
5) A large stack of newspaper comics pages lovingly set aside for me by my husband. It’s the only part of the paper I find time to read. I go through them all on Sunday morning. Then he steals them to do the crossword. We studiously ignore the kids during this sacred ritual.
6) My Kitchen Aid 6 quart matte grey professional stand mixer. I love this kitchen appliance with an almost unhealthy passion. We use it for everything from making meatloaf to cookies.
7) Dozens of scribbled pictures of princesses and Doras adorning our crappy white fridge. C colors a lot at daycare.
8) A picture of me at my goal weight (also on the fridge) – the aim is to motivate me to not open the freezer and scarf down my new favorite ice cream. Tonight? Not really working…
There you have it, 8 random things that can be found amongst my really really well equipped kitchen. (Seriously, want to borrow an appliance I probably have it, except for the quesadilla maker that M won’t let me get… grrr.)
Want to join in the meme? Knock yourself out!