Amalah basically tagged the whole world (well ok, the world comprised of her readers, but isn’t that the same thing?) with the 6 weird things meme. I’ve never participated in one before, but I thought this was a fun way to share some little known facts about me. To be honest, it’s just less daunting than writing a 100 things about me post.
1) If I had to choose between candy and cookies or cake I would always, hands down, choose candy. And I don’t mean of the chocolate variety. My favorite is gummy candy, preferably slightly stale gummy candy. I even like those circus peanuts that everyone else finds heinous.
2) Back in middle school I was more into horses than boys. I spent every weekend riding horses, mucking out stables and cleaning tack. I’ve participated in gymkhanas (Pony relay races), three day events (jumping, cross country and dressage), fox hunts and a ton of other events. I’ve logged in countless hours of riding and horse cleaning. I even had my own pony. For the life of me I can’t figure out why I haven’t been on a horse in over ten years.
3) I love to bake, but I don’t like to eat the product of my hard work. The instant I’ve made a cake or cookie I no longer have any interest in it.
4) I can count on two hands the number of books I haven’t read until the bitter end. Once I open a book I feel committed to finishing it. When I don’t finish a book I feel guilty about it for months. Ironically those are the books I tend to remember the longest.
5) I tortured myself with a hospital grade pump for ten months to give my daughter at least 4oz of breast milk a day. I bruised my breasts and made myself bleed over and over again. Logic says that I shouldn’t do it again, but I don’t think that I have the will to stop myself from trying. I still have the irrational hope that this time things will work perfectly and I’ll be one of those moms who can breastfeed without any hassles. I’m a smart girl who’s done a lot of research, but I can’t shake that incredibly irrational hope.
6) I’d tag some people to do this meme, but I’m always terrified that people will just ignore me so, yeah, not gonna do it. If you want to particiape knock yourself out. You can head back over to Amalah’s blog to post your link or you can post it in the comments here.