Signs you go to the pediatrician’s too often…
– Your child has a favorite toy in the waiting room, and a favorite book.
– You know what entertainment value each exam room holds and have a favorite one.
– When the nurse walks in with an oxygen meter your child rips off her shoe and sock and holds out her foot.
– When the doctor walks in holding an otoscope (sp?) your child sticks her finger in her ear and says “eah“, then points to the stethoscope and lifts up her shirt.
– You realize that as the doctor listens to your child’s chest, said child is taking deep slow breaths. The child is only 20 months old.
– When the doctor goes to look in the child’s ears the child places her head against my chest of her own volition. Also, when the doctor goes to look into the child’s mouth the child knows to stick out her tongue and open wide. (Did I mention she’s only 20 months old?)
– When you leave the exam room the child goes straight to the basket of stickers to pick one out for the road home. She also stops to say hi to her favorite nurses.
Me thinks we go to the pediatrician’s way too often.